Monday, February 18, 2013

Mailbox Monday

Mailbox Monday is a weekly meme created by Marcia. Mailbox Monday is a gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week and explore great book blogs. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

February's host is Audra at Unabridged Chick.

This past week, I received an e-galley of LIFE AFTER LIFE by Kate Atkinson, which I'm currently devouring. Atkinson is one of my favorite authors, and this is her first standalone in a few years since she began the Jackson Brodie series.

Other e-galleys I received this week: ESCAPE THEORY by Margaux Froley (YA), THE GIRL WHO CRIED WOLF by Robert Ferrigno, WHAT THE SNAKES WROTE by Hazel Hutchins and Tina Holdcroft (picture book), GOOFBALLS #4: THE MYSTERIOUS TALENT SHOW MYSTERY by Tony Abbott (chapter book for reading to Lilah), THE SEVEN MARKETS by David Hoffman, 14 by Peter Clines, THE LITTLE DEATH by Michael Nava, THE EMPEROR OF ALL THINGS by Paul Witcover, and THE FIRST BOOK OF CALAMITY LEEK by Paula Lichtarowicz.

Clearly, my resolution to stop requesting galleys until I'm caught up on the books I already have has been a raging success!

As an unequivocal introvert, I thought I should get around to reading QUIET: THE POWER OF INTROVERTS IN A WORLD THAT WON'T STOP TALKING by Susan Cain.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

There are some gorgeous covers in this lot and some great books! Enjoy!

Audra said...

Soooooooooooo envious that you got Life After Life -- hope it is as good as I want it to be! ;)

allisonmariecat said...

Audra, the squeal I uttered when the Netgalley e-mail came in could be heard from several states away :)

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

I don't think I'm familiar with any of these. Enjoy!
2 Kids and Tired Books MM

Anonymous said...

So many books! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

So many books! Enjoy!

Elizabeth said...

I want Life After Life. ENJOY!!

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Mailbox Monday