Thursday, February 21, 2013

Booking Through Thursday

Booking Through Thursday can be found right here. This week's question: How often do you visit a library? Do you go to borrow books? Do research? Check out the multi-media center? Hang out with the friendly and knowledgeable staff? Are you there out of love or out of need?

I enjoy taking my daughter to the library. She goes nuts in the picture book section and we bring home a stack every week or two. My favorite use of the library is using the online catalog at home to research a topic or choose books with a specific theme - I request several, from many different branches, and they all turn up at my local branch under my name. Magic.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's good to introduce children to the library at an early age.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/02/booking-through-thursday_21.html

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

I have such fond memories of going to the library as a child. And now, reserving books online is one of the best things about going to the library.
2 Kids and Tired Books BTT

ErinPaperbackstash said...

Nice you're having these memories with your child and distilling in her a love of libraries and their worth.