Thursday, September 18, 2008

And some more appreciation!

Today's theme for Book Blogger's Appreciation Week is Brag on Yourself. We're supposed to pick favorite past posts and link to them. Then you go back through our archives and get to know us a little better. I thought of something a teensy bit different that still gets to the same end result. (Holly, are you up for linking to your favorite reviews later today?) I'm going to send you on a little treasure hunt through the archives. I've decided to let you choose your favorite book: an ARE of America, America by Ethan Canin, Lookin' Back, Texas by Leanna Ellis, Wife in the North by Judith O'Reilly, or a Mystery Combo: May Day by Jess Lourey AND Cooking Up Murder by Miranda Bliss. And since I'm making you do so much work to enter, I'll throw in a few goodies: homemade jam, scones, and tea to enjoy with your new read (note: poor wording aside, the tea will NOT be homemade). Use the tags or my LibraryThing link to help you out.

If that's too involved for you, don't forget our Chelsea Cain contest (ending tomorrow night) and our Sundays at Tiffanys contest.

1. Which blog-based memoir did I prefer, Queen of the Road or Wife in the North?
2. True or false: I am a Jane Austen addict.
3. Which of these is NOT one of my favorite mystery authors
a. Joan Hess
b. Joanne Fluke
c. Kate Kingsbury
d. Donna Andrews
e. I'm a mystery junkie and I love them all
4. Find one book I said I couldn't finish reading.
5. Find a juvenile fantasy series I've reviewed and name one thing I like about it.

E-mail your answers to hollybooknotes AT gmail DOT com (we don't want anyone cheating off your answers, now, do we?) no later than Monday, September 22 at 11:59 p.m. EDT. Include your first and second choices for prizes (if there's room in the flat rate box, I'll chuck in your second choice, too). All entries with five correct answers will go into a random drawing with five entries (one per answer). For an extra THREE entries, blog about this contest and tell me that you did. I'm going to open this one up to anyone, anywhere, but if someone without a US mailing address wins, I'll split the prize--the international winner gets their first choice of book, and I'll choose a second winner to receive their choice of the remaining two books, plus the goodies. Have fun!

No comments: