Thursday, September 17, 2009

BBAW Day#3 Meme--Just a bit late

After getting caught up in my Google Reader this morning, I thought I would quick do the Reading Meme from yesterday. :-)

Do you snack while you read? If so, favorite reading snack?
Usually something warm to drink.

Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of
writing in books horrify you?
Not since college.

How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears?
Laying the book flat open?
Bookmark, sometimes dog-ear to remember something.

Fiction, Non-fiction, or both?
Both, but mostly fiction.

Hard copy or audiobooks?
Hard copy. (audiobooks are hard for me to focus on).

Are you a person who tends to read to the end of chapters, or are you
able to put a book down at any point?
Almost always end of chapter. (Unless parental duties cause me to immediately put the book down for some reason)

If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop to look it up right away?
Nope, I use context.

What are you currently reading?
The Hanging Hill by Chris Grabenstein

What is the last book you bought?
Catching Fire, The Hanging Hill, and That Old Cape Magic by Richard Russo.

Are you the type of person that only reads one book at a time or can
you read more than one at a time?
Only one at a time.

Do you have a favorite time of day and/or place to read?
Afternoon is my favorite. But really anytime, anywhere that I can get away with it.

Do you prefer series books or stand alone books?
Both.

Is there a specific book or author that you find yourself recommending over and over?
My Sister's Keeper, The Time Traveler's Wife, The Poisonwood Bible, the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series.

How do you organize your books? (By genre, title, author’s last name, etc.?)
By Genre, author, then title.

2 comments:

Allison said...

I loved Time Travelers Wife!!! The movie disappointed me a bit though. Great answers to the questions!

allisonsattic at gmail dot com

Lynn said...

I love the Time Traveler's Wife too. I think I love it all the more because I just picked it up randomly from the library's new releases section after work one day having no idea that it would turn out to be so popular. it was an unexpected delight. I'm afraid to watch the movie in case it disappoints me.