Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Taking a Break

I haven't been reviewing much lately (or reading at all really). I have read more this year than I have since college and its been so fun! I've really enjoyed escaping into all the books I've read this year and I plan on doing a year in review post soon. The last several weeks, I've been knitting up some Christmas and baby gifts. I'd been putting these projects off because I had so many books in my TBR pile that I couldn't wait to get to. I finished everything that I was feeling obliged to review at the moment and thought it would be a good time to get some knitting projects completed.

So I'll leave you with a photo from about a month ago that I've been meaning to post. While I was visiting my mom in Iowa, Mary GrandPre (illustrator of the American edition Harry Potter books) made an appearance at the Cedar Rapids Museum of Art. The museum exhibited her illustrations and she did a book signing. My mom, stepdad and I brought my hardcover editions (I only have first editions in 5 of the 7 books) and had her autograph them. Here's the photo of me with her (unfortunately, my stepdad cut off my head, but oh well). :-)

1 comment:

Wrighty said...

Everyone needs a break sometimes, even from things you enjoy (or you won't enjoy them much anymore!) and this time of year is so hectic. The photo is so cool! I would have loved to see her sketch something right then and there!