Saturday, January 01, 2011

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to all you faithful blog readers out there!!

Resolution #1: Be a better book blogger in 2011.

2010 kind of got away from me. With a new baby in January, obviously, much of my free time disappeared. Then, my photography business really took off the last five months of the year (not a negative overall, just a negative for free reading time). So my stack of review books has grown. I promised to stay up on Picture Book Thursday and that fell short by a mile.

I've thought a lot about the book blog in the last couple weeks. I thought about throwing in the towel overall because I felt like I couldn't commit to it like I used to. Because it is something I don't get paid for, it has fallen by the wayside as a priority. After thinking about it for awhile, I decided I would miss its existence. I would miss the fact that I could just jump on here to blab about something book related if I felt like it. I have missed being an active part of the book blogging world this year. I couldn't believe BBAW (Book Blogger Appreciation Week) passed me by this year and I didn't realize it until about two months later because my Google Reader had 1000+ posts waiting for me. I didn't get to participate in Carl's R.I.P. challenge this fall....did it even happen? I have no idea. I failed my goal at the Graphic Novel Challenge....actually, I read at least 6 graphic novels and therefore made the goal, but I only got three of them reviewed. I am three books behind on LibraryThing Early Reviewer books and have been since about July.

BUT, 2011 is a new year. I am going to try and participate in the book blogging world once again. Start reading blog posts again and commenting. I'm going to participate in BBAW and RIP VI in the fall. I'm going to get caught up on reviews and at least post a Picture Book Thursday post once a month. I'm going to move the book blog up the list a bit on priorities.

I can't speak for Allison, but I hope she joins me in getting this book blog back on track and make it something fun to read again on a more frequent basis!

3 comments:

allisonmariecat said...

Don't throw in the towel! I need you! :-) Yes, I resolve to be a better book blogger as well. Starting...now.

I think I will be more active with Teaser Tuesdays, trying to do EVERY week. That'll at least have me blogging once a week for sure, and will motivate me to post reviews.

I also resolve to finish the stupid book I got from LTER's September batch that keeps getting tossed to the side in favor of other reading (mysteries, cereal boxes, anything more interesting, really).

Holly said...

With regard to the Sept. LTER book, you could always leave a review that you just couldn't finish the book. I've done that a one book I received from them. And as long as the review is more than 25 words, they will count it so you can receive other books. I mean really, if you simply don't like the book, you don't like it. It can just not be your cup of tea. ;-)

Holly said...

Unfortunately, I have THREE LTER books waiting for me and really no good excuses except I just haven't gotten to them yet.