Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays - Silence of the Grave

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

I'm reading SILENCE OF THE GRAVE, the second in the Reykjavik thriller series by Arnaldur Indridason. The first line:

"He knew at once it was a human bone, when he took it from the baby who was sitting on the floor chewing it."

6 comments:

Marce said...

Ohh that sounds good, I'm going to look it up.

Here is my review from last weeks TT if interested, Relic, a horror in time for Halloween.

http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2010/10/reviewhorror-relic-by-douglas-preston.html

Jennifer said...

Oh good teaser, I was not expecting that! I am adding this one to my TBR pile. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/10/teaser-tuesdays-voltaires-calligrapher.html

Mary said...

Is his first novel Jar City? My library lists 6 books by Indridason. I reserved Jar City and will go on from there. Your teaser intrigued me enough to look up this author. Thanks.

allisonmariecat said...

This teaser is the first line of the second book, Silence of the Grave. Jar City was my previous read - hard to put down!

Tara said...

I have not read many actual horror series--they are usually standalone books. Do you find that the plot line suffers in a series, or does it still have the excitement that comes with a really involved thriller?

allisonmariecat said...

Tara, this one is more police procedural than anything else - not actual horror. The plot of each is focused on that book's mysteries...with a bit of character development of the police officers.