Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays - Revenge of the Spellmans

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

I decided to re-read the first three Izzy Spellman books by Lisa Lutz after reading the fourth, The Spellmans Strike Again. The first is The Spellman Files, then Curse of the Spellmans, then Revenge of the Spellmans. My teaser is from Revenge of the Spellmans, page 71:

"It's my life. You're just a member of the audience," I said, getting up to leave.

"Well, I want my money back!" Mom shouted after me as I headed for the front door. "Because this show sucks!"

4 comments:

Jan von Harz said...

Oh what a really great teaser totally laughed out loud on that. I really like that mom!

Heidi V said...

LOL that is a good one! Hope you enjoy your reads...

Jennifer said...

Fantastic teaser, how fun! My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/04/teaser-tuesdays-get-lucky.html

Becki said...

My first response was to smile, because it's a funny line, but it's also intriguing. Nice teaser!

Here's mine.