Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Time Traveler's Wife for TV?

I know this is a book blog and not a television blog. But has anyone been watching the new show on NBC, Journeyman? And have you read The Time Traveler's Wife?

I keep seeing some similiarities to the book and the show when I watch it. I'd really like to know if they were using that book as part of the basis for the show? That is one of my all time favorite books in recent years. And I'm really enjoying the show too.

Just thought I would share. :-)

2 comments:

allisonmariecat said...

Oh, I wish I had time to watch TV, as this sounds awesome. My guess is that the person pitching the show saw the Oprah where she talked about TTW and was just going with a trend, but I don't know for sure. I loved that book, so maybe I should TiVo the show and someday try to watch it.

Holly said...

Or you could wait until next fall (if it manages to be renewed for another season) and watch it on DVD! I've been getting different TV shows on Netflix and just watching the episodes one after the other. No commercials to even fast forward through (like on TiVo). It's great!