Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Peter and the Starcatchers by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson

Go read this book!

Okay, I suppose I should say more than that. This is such a fun read, a prequel to Peter Pan full of swashbuckling adventure. Recognizing characters who will appear in Peter Pan is neat, and the plot is engaging and fun. It doesn't try to imitate the writing style of Peter Pan at all, but it's Dave Barry, so you know it's funny. I'm not familiar with Pearson, but the two of them did a great job setting out the plot that will lead to Peter Pan.

2 comments:

Holly said...

My mom also highly recommends The Shepherd, the Angel and Walter the Miracle Dog by Dave Barry. I'm hoping to read it for the holidays this year.

I looked up Peter and the Starcatchers and it seems its a series of books?

Sounds like fun, I might have to add it to my book list. It might also be a book Ella will like in the future. I might have to add it to her future book list. :-)

allisonmariecat said...

Ooh, I had no idea it was a series! I must order the next one immediately. It looks like Peter and the Shadow Thieves is next. There's also Escape from the Carnivale: A Never Land Book, but that one is short, just 144 pages.